Monday, November 27, 2006

Fingertip hug

Okay - one more story from Thanksgiving. During our stay in State College I became especially smitten with my nephew Mateo (the kid is really cute). Avery picked up on this pretty quick and did not want me to play with, hold or even talk to Mateo. He was a bit jealous, to say the least. When we got ready to leave, we asked Avery to give Mateo a hug. He had to think about it for a minute but then with a little bit of encouragement he stretched out his arms, reached around and touched Mateo's sides with his fingertips. Not exactly one of the bowl-you-over hugs that Natalie gives Avery every morning at daycare, (she comes running with her arms out and keeps running right through him - by the way, she is half his size), but its a start. Here is the play by play:


I'm thinking about it....

does this count?

Okay, okay, here it is, I'm hugging him!!

No comments: