Friday, March 07, 2008

Don't Leave Your Child Unattended...

How many times have you read this on a warning label on a baby bath tub or a changing table or a bouncy chair, A MILLION? I don't know how many times I have read this and dismissed it as common sense, yet I find myself occassionally doing it. Wednesday nightI was getting ready to read books to the boys before bed time and I laid baby Jake on Avery's bed and turned around for 2 seconds to get some books out of the bookcase. And as soon as I turned around Jake rolled off the bed and took a head first dive for the hard wood floor. Let me just tell you, babies don't fall like cats, more like a sack of potatoes. Thankfully Baby Jake is okay. I won't go into the manic hours that followed this stupid accident but after 2 nights of restless sleeping and 2 days of watching over him, I can say he is okay.

I finally came to the conclusion that after 4 months I may be holding him too much (working mommie's guilt trip). I didn't even know that he can roll over. He's getting plenty of time to lay down now, on the floor.

No comments: