Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dumb and Dumber

I decided that I should start riding my bike home from work to try to get some exercise. I have no other time during the day and I still have like 15 lbs of baby weight to lose. My neighbor has been doing it and she assured me I would only have to ride through the city traffic for a few short blocks before hopping on the bike path that would take me 7 miles to our house. So Thursday I took my bike to work on the bus along with all of my gear for my inaugural ride home. After work I changed and picked up my bike to start my ride. Here's the dumb part: I got about 1 block before I had to quickly stop for a traffic light and got my foot stuck in the pedal clip. My bike just sort of fell over to right and I landed on my arm. Here's the dumber part: I was so embarrassed I just got right back upon the bike and rode the whole way home. Even dumber still I let Kevin go to his soccer game while I attempted to take care of the kids with what turns out to be a broken arm.

So I have decided to trade in my fancy road bike for a cruiser, although I won't be riding again anytime soon. My posts will be a bit shorter as well, since I only have one hand to type with.

No comments: