Saturday, December 06, 2008

Overheard

We went to the Children's Christmas Party at Medtronic World Headquarters today (I'll post the pictures later).  I took Avery into the ladies' room to go potty.  We managed to navigate the automatic flushers on the toliet and then when we got the sink Avery found a HUGE basket full of feminine products (clearly Medtronic is not in the midst of massive cost cutting measures like some other Twin Cities corporations that I know of).  Here's the way it went down:

Avery: Mommy I want one of those (tampons).
Mommy:  Oh Honey, those are for girls (or grils as he calls us)
Avery:  Okay, then you have one.  Get one Mommy, get one!!
Mommy:  No, Honey, I don't need one.  It's for when you are having a hard day.
Avery: (Very very serious look on his face) But, I'm having a hard day.
Mommy: (laughing)
Avery: Stop laughing!! I am having a really hard day.  I need one of those.

I hear giggling.  Out from the stall emerges a old woman dressed as Mrs. Clause.  Just enough of a distraction to navigate Avery away from the huge basket of tampons.  She just laughed and then told us she has 6 kids, 17 grand kids and 15 grandkids and she knows all about these little guys.  

We should all be so lucky.

No comments: