Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why?? Why, Mommy, Why?

What a day!  We had an appointment to get Avery's teeth cleaned today and when Jake woke up from his nap early I decided to take the boys to get their haircut.  I finally had enough of people calling Jake a little girl.  So we loaded up the car and headed to the 'Hair Cut Store.'  I took a side road through a neighborhood happily singing Christmas songs to the boys when I saw police car in my rear view mirror with its lights on.  I pulled over trying not to show how angry I was that I was getting a ticket 10 days before Christmas for not noticing I was going 40 in a 30 (which I thought was 35) because I was too busy singing Christmas songs to my kids.  So, while the police officer was writing me up, this is what I heard from the peanut gallery:

Why did we have to stop Mommy?
Why?
Why?
Why?
Doesn't the police officer have to go and help some kids?  So kids whose house is on fire?

Why are you sad Mommy?
Why? 
Why?
Why?

Okay mommy, you just watch the road Mommy, just watch the road.  I'm watching the road for you, okay Mommy?  

I'm just watching the road for you.  

Just watch the road Mommy, just watch the road.


1 comment:

Teresita said...

Bummer.

I was hoping it would end with the cop letting you go....


Bummer.