Thursday, May 29, 2008

Avery's Words of Wisdom

Yesterday I was home from work for a 'Mommy Day.' As Kevin was getting ready to go Avery asked him when he could have a Daddy day. Kevin replied, "not today, not tomorrow, but Saturday will be Daddy day. I have to go to work today." And then Avery said back, "Okay, but remember, home comes first and then work."

After a long day of playing with the boys (or attempting to with one arm) Kathy came over so Kevin and I could have a date night. Rather than have Kevin come home and get the boys all riled up I told him to pick me up at the gas station at the corner of our street where I also coincidentally catch the bus for work. When I said good bye to Avery and started towards the door, he said, "Okay Mommy, but just don't ride your bike to work, take the bus instead."

No comments: