Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's June and its snowing in Minnesota!!

It's June for God's sake! Somehow we managed to get just one more ice/hail storm to cap off this beautiful spring we have been having in Minnesota (NOT!). I guess we should be thankful it wasn't a tornado, but our yard is now totally trashed and so is my vegetable garden. I was thankful that we put the garden in early this year since I broke my arm. Even though it has been incredibly cold this spring my little seeding were holding on. Given all the clean up we (I mean Kevin) has to do in the yard, I'm not sure if we will replant.

After 5 years of living in Minnesota, I can now say there is absolutely nothing redeeming about the climate here!

Its 60 degrees and the ground is covered in ice!

Avery freezing his hands in the hail pellets.

My hostas, about the only thing I can't seem to kill, torn to shreds.

Avery's car, the only thing that didn't make it in the garage when the Tornado sirens went off. I think we may need to call the insurance company.

2 comments:

Teresita said...

Crazy!

You are starting to resemble the book of Job. Watch out for the locust.

PapaTom said...

thank good ness for global warming or you would have been smitten, just like Moses and the Locust in Exodus!