Saturday, August 08, 2009

I'll miss you

Its been raining the last few days so we have been reverting to our indoor winter activities.  Yesterday while Jake was sleeping we played astronaut in our make shift moving box space shuttle.  Afterwards, when the rain had stopped, we went out to the front porch to have our snack.  Here's the commentary:

Avery: "Astronauts are really smart and really tough."

Me: "Yes, they don't cry when they are scared, they are very brave."

Avery, "I'm going to be brave when I am an astronaut."

Then later - 

Avery, "Mommy, when I go up into outer space, I'm really going to miss you."

Me, "Yes, honey, outer space is really far away."

Avery, "Maybe you and daddy and jake can come along for the ride in my space shuttle?"

1 comment:

ginger said...

Lindsay has also invited me and matt and Michael for a trip on her spaceshuttle. Her co-pilot is going to be her astronaut-husband, though. Perhaps we should all pile in one big shuttle together?